We just released Video Slave 3.2 including bug fixes and improvements as well as new features.
This is a recommended update for all Video Slave 3 users and is free for all Video Slave subscribers as well as for Video Slave 3 license owners.
Please use the "Check for updates" functionality directly from the Video Slave menu or download the file directly from www.video-slave.com.
Here's a detailed list of the changes:
New Features in 3.2:
- Support for half-speed playback from Pro Tools.
- Video Slave now determines its playback speed from the video reference if attached. This requires a Blackmagic or AJA device with video reference input
- Video Slave now supports the import of DS Taker DBF files. Markers are imported as Streamer events.
- Added new preference for the import of sub-cues (currently only supported with DBF files)
- Added support for flutters/punches during cues
- Added ADR Cue default duration setting. This setting is also used when importing ADR Cues from script files when no output TC is provided.
- Added support for open ended cues. If start and end TC are set to the same value, cues will behave as if they were open ended. There will be a streamer/countdown at the beginning and the text/actor/record mode overlay but no progress bar and no black screen. (Note: open ended cues only work when rehearsing/recording/reviewing cues from Pro Tools and also only if batch recording mode is disabled)
- Improved frame-accurate looping. This requires a DAW connection and is thus only available in Video Slave 3 Dub
- Video Slave now displays the HUI connection state in the preferences
- Filtering for actor and character now uses a dropdown menu instead of a text field
- New display settings preferences UI. Many customers were confused by the combination of device list and device settings. We changed the settings UI now to make it more obvious.
- Renamed recording mode "Open Ended" to "Batch Recording" to avoid confusion to the now available open ended cues
- Fixed a bug where importing a short CSV file with a trailing carriage return wouldn't work - Fixed a stall/beachball when using MMC
- Fixed a bug reporting a successful activation even though there was a problem with the internet connection
- Fixed a bug of wrong event TC addresses when changing movie start/end TC
- Fixed a bug where systemwide shortcuts for the ADR features wouldn't work in the demo
- Fixed a crash on event file import if character and actor are not both mapped
- Fixed a bug where Video Slave would crash if a Mono output bus was selected for the audio beep
- Fixed a bug causing a crash when deleting movies from the playlist
- Fixed bug where adjusting an audio region's start TC wouldn't work reliably